The most common thing to do with banana peels is to throw them in the trash. However, there are various miraculous uses for this frequently-overlooked product. The peels can be used in your kitchen as a cleaning product or in your beauty routine.
We collected the most practical uses for banana peels that will definitely change how you feel about this fruit.
1. They help reduce acne.
© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
Banana peels contain vitamin C and vitamin E and they also contain potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese. These nutrients can calm inflamed skin and reduce acne outbreaks. Furthermore, banana peels contain lutein and carotenoids which are fat-soluble compounds that help fight inflammation and acne breakouts.
- Rub the banana peel over your skin and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin.
- Repeat twice daily.
2. They help reduce wrinkles.
Facial wrinkles occur when the skin loses its elasticity and it loses its firmness. The antioxidants and vitamin C in bananas can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Rub the banana peel over your skin and leave for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Wash your face and moisturize.
- Repeat 3 times a week. Continue reading “10 Unusual Ways to Use Banana Peels”